If you enjoy this site, please visit these sponsors:


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Seed #1 - A Very Sad Sprout (But Getting Better)

About a week ago, I left my only dawn redwood seedling out on my deck... Just long enough for my dog to eat it. After a cooling off period, I put the tree back under the lights and hoped for the best. About half of the stem and one seed leaf seemed intact - a few secondary leaves were barely hanging on.

I guess I was too upset to snap a photo at the time, but after that week long rehab, this little guy is starting to grow a new shoot! The last remaining seed leaf is starting to wither, but it looks like the new shoot is already off to a good start. Once the dying part of the stem falls off, this shoot should take over, and all should be well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you still growing them?